[Nevertheless] I'm Done


I'm struggling.
I'm not ok.

I'm tired.
I need a break.
I can't do this.
I don't know how to keep going.
I'm done.

These are all things I say when I'm at the end of my rope in every sense - physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually. When I feel like I can no longer live my life, cope with my pain, bear the thought that this is the rest of my life. I will be ill for the rest of my life, in pain for the rest of my life, struggle with food for the rest of my life. I don't get a break from the pain, ever. It's with me even as I sleep, infiltrating my dreams. There is no respite - nothing I can take or do to get my pain to tolerable levels, levels where daily exercise is possible, levels where I can at least get a break while I sleep.

Some days the need to escape is overwhelming. It paralyzes me, shuts me down because the other option is not ok. Often it takes all I have within me to refrain from subjecting myself to a slow death just for the escape of pain medication or alcohol. Other times it takes everything to tune out the thoughts and compulsions to end the pain an a swift and permanent manner.

I don't want to die. Not really. But I also don't want to go on living like this.

I'm struggling, nevertheless I learn from the struggle.
I'm not ok, nevertheless I have people who love and support me.
I'm tired, nevertheless I have so much to look forward to.
I need a break, nevertheless I keep going.
I can't do this, nevertheless I ask for help.
I don't know how to keep going, nevertheless God is walking this journey with me, urging me onward. 
I'm done concentrating on the hardships, and will instead focus on living. 

Comments

Popular Posts