It's Time



Sitting in silent shock, I wonder where it has all gone, how I got here, how so much could happen in such a short time. Visions of it all swirl around me as I try to pin down a moment or two that might offer clarity, understanding, or acceptance. 

Another year is gone. Just gone. 

The new year is upon me, and I feel as if so much time has slipped through my fingers over this past year - time that could have been spent nurturing and nourishing my children's minds and spirits; time better spent getting myself healthier; time I should have spent letting everyone around me know how much I love and appreciate them. Time eaten by exhaustion, pain, medical appointments, and concentrating too much on the wrong things at times.

This coming year, things need to change. I need to refocus. 

This year I seek dynamic change in my life. I will strive to be a better steward with my time, spending more time in the moment with my children; with my husband that is not based on talking about day-to-day functioning of our family and household; with my friends, whether it be supporting, laughing, crying, or just hanging out with them; and doing the things I love, that nourish and nurture my emotional, spiritual, and physical well-being. 

It's time. 

New Year's Eve 2012

Comments

Popular Posts