Eight

When Coren was two, I played a game among friends online in which we had to take the first letters of our children's names and write something about them. I'll never forget his...


 Cuddly
 Organism
 Requiring
 Endless
 Nursing

This came to mind the other day when I thought about how much this amazing child has grown and how different, and similar, he is to that cuddly little nursling. I can still see that two-year-old in those cheeks and the puppy-dog eyes. 



If I had to come up with one of these works of word today, on his eighth birthday, it would be

  Cuddly
  Organism
  Requiring
  Endless
kNowledge

Ok, so I had to fudge that last part a bit. But it's true. He's still cuddly - something I cherish. His thirst to learn everything he can about everything he's interested in is unquenchable. He can talk at length about dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures, about Pokemon, about the worlds he creates in various online games and in drawings, and about the Lego creations he builds. Coren's imagination is endless, as is his ability to remember what he reads and hears. 



He is, most definitely, my favorite Moondragon ever. Even if I can't convince him he's turning six and not eight, because he couldn't possibly be eight already. Eight seems so old. Definitely much older than seven. Besides, he was just two. Really. 

Ok. Fine. He's eight. Big old headless snowman eight. An adorable eight, though. But don't tell him I told you that. If there's one thing Moondragons don't like to be called, it's adorable. And definitely not by their mothers. And definitely not at the dignified age of eight. 

Happy 8th Birthday, My Moondragon. I love you now and always and no matter what!


Comments

Popular Posts