Tough Decision

Living with Psoriatic Arthritis involves making many tough decisions. Decisions about medical treatments, mobility aids, and lifestyle changes are just a few. Today has brought another one of those decisions to the surface.

It starts with a certain set of rules that I live by. You see, there are rules pertaining to the watching of Winter holiday movies. The "Cardinal Rule of Winter Holiday Movies" in my household is that we do not start watching them until Thanksgiving night, when we watch "A Muppet Christmas Carol." You see, I'm a holiday movie addict. I do believe I have enough holiday movies in my possession to watch at least two holiday-related movies every day in December without running out. In addition, 41 holiday movies await their turn in my Netflix instant queue and more in my dvd queue. 

Now I find myself in a bit of a predicament. Today I have a Remicade infusion, which will result in a "Remicade hangover." I had set up my dvd queue to send me two family-friendly movies to watch with my kids upon my arrival home from the hospital. However, Netflix, in all its wisdom, decided to send me the 28th movie in my queue. It's a "Christmas" movie. Normally I'd be able to resist - I'd just send it back. But ... but it's a movie we haven't seen yet! And there's a nor'easter heading our way, threatening to dump a couple inches of snow this evening. And it would be such a waste to just send it back. Right? 

I guess I'll just have to give in and break my own holiday movie watching rule. It will be tough, but I think we'll survive. Perhaps I should make some hot chocolate and dig out the organic candy canes I have left over from last year... or would that be going too far? 

Comments

Popular Posts