Caregiver


There is a member of my family who takes particularly good care of me. When I'm not feeling well, she hops into bed with me and massages whatever part of my body is feeling the worst. She curls up with me and comforts me. First thing in the morning she greets me and makes sure I take my time getting up, encouraging me to linger in bed just a little longer. She checks on me throughout the day, making sure I keep moving my aching joints and applying heat to the places that really need it. She encourages me to take breaks, to rest for a while. She seems to enjoy the time we spend together as much as I do. Her mere presence is comforting; her love, obvious; her patience, tremendous; the joy she brings to my life, priceless. Lola is one of the best caregivers I've been blessed with. I'm incredibly glad we adopted her!



Comments

Popular Posts