My 3-year-old’s reasons for not going to sleep:
- I need bandaids because I have a scratch.
- There’s a spider in the corner of the room and Coren is afraid of it.
- My heartbeat is too loud and it’s keeping me awake.
- Coren is sleeping too loudly.
- My hiccups are driving me to craziness.
- Coren is sleeping too quietly for me to sleep.
- I need to watch Grinch Night before I can sleep.
- My legs keep standing me up.
- When I close my eyes I see too much pink and it’s freaking me out.
- My belly tells me it needs me to bake cupcakes.
- I think I need this medicine for hiccups. (It’s not for hiccups.) For coughing? (It’s not for coughing.) For a headache? (No.) For my legs hurting? (No.) What is it for, then, because I think I have that?
- Daddy hasn’t scared the jeebers out of me yet.
- I need to tell Daddy about his pizza that we made for him.
- There’s something on the ceiling.
- I’m too tired to sleep.
- I'm worried I won't look frightening enough for myself tomorrow.
- I'm pretty sure Alia's don't sleep until much darker. (Said using "the voice.")
So much on the mind of a slightly frightening 3 year old who doesn't want to sleep!