[reason 259] first birthday party

 

Today was Freddy's first birthday party with our family. I'm not sure he was prepared for the watermelon pirate ship fruit bowl or the sugar cube treasure or the gifts. 

Today was Eris' eighteenth birthday party as well, and their first time sharing their birthday party. Until now, they were the odd one out - our  December and February kids celebrating in January and our June and July kids celebrating in June or July. 

They got together with friends. They had good food. They had fun. 



I live to see the smiles and hear the laughter. 

At the same time, I worried about one of my kids who has been struggling lately. They woke up late and didn't seem to want to join the festivities. I sent siblings to check on them and invite them to join us to no avail. It breaks my heart that they missed out on this fun day. I hope tomorrow will be better for them and that they'll join in day two of birthday weekend fun.

So many things happened in this one day. A new relationship began. A quarter century was celebrated. And other firsts happened as well. 

Comments

Popular Posts