[reason 113] eeyore

 Upon arriving at my parents' house the other day, I noticed Eeyore looking out the window. Eeyore, a stuffed animal, has been hanging out in my parents' living room for years, along with Hattie Furskin. Since the covid pandemic began, Eeyore has been wearing a mask in order to keep himself safe from others' germs. I'm fairly certain that he's fairly certain he'll get covid anyway. Just sayin'. 

Anyway... my first thought was how cute that my mom, who has Alzheimer's and sometimes puts things places they haven't been before or adorns objects around the house with other pretty objects or arranges things just so, perched Eeyore there to keep an eye out for visitors. 

Then, I thought, it was equally as likely that my Dad put Eeyore there. Because he's my Dad and he might do such a thing. 

Either way, it both made my day and made me kind of sad at the same time. Eeyores can do that do you, I guess. 

Comments

Popular Posts