Antici


The Christmas season is drawing to a close. My birthday, New Year's celebrations, and my husbands birthday have passed. The long-awaited Epiphany Pageant is in the works, with a rehearsal tomorrow and the Pageant itself on Sunday. Then, on January 6, Epiphany, we have one last little celebration, then put our Christmas decorations away. 

It is then that I finally feel like my new year has begun. Maybe because we can once again settle into our normal routine...or in this case, a new routine. I'm hoping to use our Time a bit differently. I see family time in the morning before Daddy goes to work; daily journaling for the children; weekly or monthly projects; finding a new rhythm to our days. For me, daily work on my health - movement, rest, nourishing and nurturing my body, mind and spirit. 


However, there is one thing I am greatly looking forward to that can't seem to come fast enough. After holidays and birthdays, one would think we'd celebrated it all, but one last thing remains: our anniversary. Our celebration will look a little different this year. It will start with a Remicade infusion for me, and a trip to my parents' house to drop off the kids for my husband. Then we'll have a whirlwind five hours or so post-infusion to do something before meeting my parents, children, and my sister's family for dinner to celebrate birthdays and our anniversary. I don't even know what we're going to do with those five hours - what do "normal" people do on a Friday afternoon to entertain themselves, anyway? I find myself eagerly anticipating whatever our little celebration turns out to be, as any time I get to spend truly alone with my husband is precious. I can barely wait!

...pation. 

Comments

Popular Posts