Restlessness



I'm restless. When I get restless, I reorganize things. Reorganize thing is code for moving furniture most of the time, much to my husband's dismay.

I usually "reorganize" when my husband is at work. Once upon a time we live in a tiny house in Watertown, CT and I was pregnant with our first child. I had two weeks of maternity leave before my "due date" which stretched out to nearly four weeks, and I "reorganized" frequently -  this didn't work out to well for my husband, who got home in the wee dark hours of the morning and would trip over pieces of furniture that weren't there when he left the house hours before. 

Restlessness usually sets in during the short, yet oh so long, days of Midwinter. Perhaps it's because I need some sort of change from cold, gray days. Maybe I'm just sick of looking at the same house insides all day, every day. 

These days, I'm physically unable to move most of our furniture, so the arrangement of our house has been fairly static for a while now. A long time. Too long. It's starting to drive me crazy.

The problem is, there's really nowhere to move things. I seem to have found an arrangement that works really well. Well, kinda well, considering our space limitations and the furniture on hand.

My dreams as of late have involved everything from Extreme Makeover Home Edition coming to fix up our house to winning an Ikea shopping spree to moving into a new house. Always, I wake up disappointed that it's not true. 

So what to do? A good Spring cleaning comes to mind. But it's cold. So very cold. Can one do Spring cleaning in Midwinter? Maybe. If one can find the energy. Therein lies the problem - my rest-less-ness. I haven't been getting much sleep these past few weeks between illness and pain and children and insomnia. Rest-less-ness and restlessness don't play well together. 

I'll have a cup of tea, read a good book, calm my restlessness, and think about it for a while. Perhaps until Spring...or until we have time and money to make my makeover dreams come to fruition. At least until after a good nap.

Comments

Popular Posts