That Should Cover It

As parents we hear the same things from our kids day after day.

I'm hungry.

I'm bored.

There's nothing to do.

I want.

I need.

Can I?

As parents we find ourselves saying the same things to our kids day after day. 

Stop whining.

Go find something to do.

Eat fruit.

Fruit.

Fruit.

The answer is still fruit. 

I'm tired. Tired of repeating myself. Tired of saying the same things over and over. Just plain tired. 

And so I made the sign. I want to hang one in every room so that all I need to to is nod to the sign and move on with my day.


That should cover it. I hope. I know, I know, the odds are that they'll come up with something new in a flash, which is why I'm leaving the document open on my desktop, just in case. 



Comments

  1. I like it! So, what do they do before screen time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In our family, each child is in charge of completing certain tasks in their assigned room before playing on the computer/ wii / ds / dsi / etc. or watching a dvd/Netflix. The room they're in charge of changes weekly. For example, the person in charge of the kitchen has to empty and fill the dishwasher and cook at least one meal during the week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts