How to Clean and Organize Your Living Room in Five Easy Steps

Step 1: Volunteer to be Theme Basket and Silent Auction Co-Coordinator for a local conference. With this job comes the need to store theme baskets and silent auction items in your house.

Step 2: Clean off a couple shelves in your living room and store items there as they come in. 

Step 3: Realize that a couple shelves isn't enough. Clean out another area in which to store stuff.

Step 4: Pack up all theme basket and silent auction items and bring them to the Conference.

Step 5: Return home and use open spaces to organize bin of random items left over from making room for conference goodies. 

I'm on Step 3 right now and things are looking promising. In a little over a month, I'll reach steps four and five. The wait is excruciating at times, but I think I'll survive. If you're as fortunate as I have been, the process of making room will lead to the donation of lots of unneeded items, the purchase of a new storage system, and the basic reorganization of the rest of your house in the process.

Comments

  1. I'm disappointed, I was hoping for something about a blowtorch!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts