[Seek] Metamorphosis


There is a young woman in my life who just turned twenty. She is going through some difficult changes, seemingly cocooning herself until her transformation is complete - or at least at a point where she feels comfortable in her own skin. I can't imagine what this time of change and self-discovery is like for her. I can only be there for her when she needs me and respect her boundaries.
 

I was thinking about butterflies the other day - how caterpillars experience metamorphosis - cocooning themselves away while going through dramatic changes. Literally rearranging their cells into something new and beautiful. Letting go of their old selves in order to become what they were meant to be. I can't imagine it's not an uncomfortable, if not painful experience at times. I'd assume it's disorienting to emerge into the world transformed, having completely shed their former image in order to take flight into the world. 

I wish I could show you how beautiful this young woman is now. Her kindness and love for others radiates from her being. Her morals and convictions inform passionate discussions. Her eyes are pools of blue. Her smile is contagious. 

Over the past year, she has continued her transformation into her authentic self and is learning self-care along the way. I pray she learns self-love as well.

Happy Quarantwentieth, daughter of mine! 


Comments

Popular Posts