[Seek] The Unsung Heroes



There is this amazing teen who is my hero.

He came to the defense of my non-binary eighteen year old who has chosen a name that better fits their identity since last seeing a certain group of friends. Long story short, this teen defended my child's right to exist and to be loved and supported and accepted for who they are and was met with inappropriate, lewd comments which escalated quickly. When the teen cut ties with them, they sent texts which were extreme to a point where police could have been called to get involved. The teen's awesome mom stepped in, attempting to stop the abuse through contacting a parent, but to no avail. In the end, three former friends were blocked from having any contact with this loving human being.

Upon hearing that this kind, caring, compassionate young person stood up for my child, losing friends in the process, I just wanted to give him a huge hug - a social distancing no-no. Instead, all I could do was offer my deepest thanks for what he did.

He hadn't seen my child in months, but he stood up for them. He had much to suffer and little to gain by doing so, but he did the right thing. He chose love, kindness, and respect. He spoke up. He is my hero.

What if we all became that person who speaks up for what is right - for love, for kindness, for acceptance, for mercy, for justice?

I pray for this amazing teen, that he truly understands the love and the power in his words and deeds; for the friends, that their hearts and minds open to love and acceptance of the glorious diversity of God's creation, and for my child, who is dealing with conflicting feelings of gratitude and disgust. And for the two mamas who are so proud of how this teen used his voice and his actions to stand up for what is right.

Comments

Popular Posts