[Nevertheless] I Walk


I feel as though I may have just lost my mind.

I've been battling issues with my SAI (Secondary Adrenal Insufficiency) since an emergency department trip produed a major prescription issue forcing me to the brink of adrenal crisis before finally being sorted out. As a result, I've been having anxiety about returning to hiking - or any form of exercise for that matter. Add to it an issue with my hip and increase in general weakness on my left side and, well, I'm a mess.

So what did I do? 

I signed up to walk as many miles as possible over the next eleven weeks to help raise money for Camp Calumet in Freedom, NH. It's fitting that I will start the eleven weeks as we begin our nine day vacation there, which will include much walking and several hikes, if all goes well. Upon our return, it is my goal to hike one to two times a week and walk every day. Every single day. Even if it's to the corner of our street and back. I will hopefully get some of my children to walk with me. 

I invite everyone to walk, crutch (which is what I'll be doing mostly) or roll some distance just for the health of it every day. If you'd like to also help Camp Calumet, you can go to the Giving page at https://www.calumet.org/ and Make a Gift. If you'd like, you can tell them the Rannygahoots sent you.  Camp Calumet is a place ... well ... a place I've mentioned, described, and blogged about many a time: There is a Place. It is a place where ALL are welcome, accepted, inspired, uplifted...a place of fun and excitement and rest and deep peace. 

I may be experiencing health issues, nevertheless, I walk. I crutch. I move forward in hope, not fear. And yes, I will pay attention to my body and heed its warnings. But, no, I won't let my health issues interfere with living my life to the fullest. 





Comments

Popular Posts