There Is a Place


There is a place I feel most at home - where worry disappears and my soul is wrapped in love. It is a place of grace and mercy, where there is enough stillness and space that I'm able to forgive myself as easily as I forgive others. There, the moment is all there is and the people I'm with are all that matter.

There is a place where every day is a celebration of life and love and faith and community. In this place voices are raised in song and storytelling and support, not in anger or frustration. Words and actions are thoughtful and
kind, creating an atmosphere of love and acceptance. 


There is a place where I can fully listen to my body, mind, and spirit. I can be gentle with my body, relaxing on the beach or in the lake, or I can challenge my body on a hike or paddling a kayak. Waves lapping my kayak, arms moving rhythmically, my mind can focus on the moment or my spirit can wander into dreamy inspiration. Worship, Bible study, even a simple conversation while rocking on the porch keep me rooted in the Word, bathed in the Living Water. 



Camp Calumet is more than just camp - more than campfires and camp songs, and delicious food, and endless fun. Camp Calumet is medicine for the soul, nourishment for the spirit. It is loving people and shared faith; kindness and grace. It is home. 


Camp Calumet is where my spirit soars, my soul is soothed, and where I once again remember who I am, and Whose I am. 

Comments

Popular Posts