To Need Rest


"Spock's great!" 

That's what this overtired, migraine-laden mama thought her eldest daughter said. I couldn't figure out why she exclaimed about a vulcan's awesomeness at church, but stranger things have happened. When I questioned her love of Spock, she reiterated, "this box is great." That made much more sense. 

Then, when we got home, my younger son asked if he could steal a plate. I told him that stealing was wrong, and that he could use a plate whenever he wanted - he didn't have to steal one. He then slowly enunciated, "can I stay up late?" This made more sense. When I said yes, he went into the kitchen and stole a plate anyway. 

This happens a lot. I hear things wrong all the time. My tired, stressed, pained brain cannot keep up with normal speech patterns, especially after 4pm. After four o'clock is usually when most of my children's and some of my activities take place, so this tends to be an issue. I ask people to repeat themselves often, fairly sure they aren't asking "do you have weird diseases" (do you help with DSS) or "where's a hair seal" (where's rehearsal).

Perhaps I should find something to remedy this. But perhaps not. It sure provides for a lot of laughs.

Comments

  1. Same, same, same. Some days the word processing just does not work and all day it is - can you repeat that please. It does provide for a lot of laughs. A hair seal, teehee!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts