ADVENTure in Hugging


One of the best gifts I've ever received was this card stock hug. It came in and envelope with a beautiful note just when I needed it most. People seem wary of giving hugs these days. I was talking to a teacher who was shocked that a couple places I frequent are full of hug-giving people...as in, adults are not afraid to give a child a hug. At church it isn't uncommon for people of any age to greet each other with a hug, or for hugs to follow blessings during our closing circle at Tuesday Night Sunday School. I have had a teenager ask his parent to pull into the parking lot of Epoch Arts because he saw my van and wanted a hug. Hugs are a natural part of interaction there, as they should be. 


Many, many hugs are going to be needed tonight. By the time the actors get to this point in their play, Passengers, half are in tears. There is no curtain call. These fourteen teens aren't the heroes of this story. 



Give hugs today. Lots of them. You'll be surprised at how many people melt at the question, "Can I give you a hug?" or "Do you need a hug?" 


Comments

Popular Posts