ADVENTures and CHRISTmas

We finished our final ADVENTures, which included telling someone five things you like about them, having a Christmas movie night, doing something nice for someone, and attending Christmas worship.

We spent a quiet Saturday watching Christmas movies, making a turkey dinner, baking cookies, and playing card and board games. Our children opened gifts from their great-grandmother before going to bed a bit early due to our busy Christmas Eve day. 

Perhaps my favorite part of Christmas is Christmas Eve worship. Even better for me this year was that the Fourth Sunday in Advent worship was Christmas Eve morning, providing me with two opportunities to worship, to sing Christmas hymns, and to wrap myself in the true meaning of Christmas. 

After evening worship, we went home, heated up leftovers from our Christmas Eve Eve turkey dinner, and opened our five dollar or less Christmas Angel gifts. From a handmade and hand carved Overwatch necklace that cost time and talent to an epic cat t-shirt found in a thrift shop, gifts - and the thought put into them - were appreciated by all.


We woke up to a white Christmas ... and had to wake the teenagers at nearly 9AM for a breakfast of waffles, eggs, and bacon. After breakfast, the children opened their "parent gifts" of amazing t-shirts and microwaveable hot/cold pads made from a bandana and rice. Then we headed to Gramma and Papa's house for delicious food, good conversation, and to exchange gifts with them and Aunt Renee. 

Retreating home due to Mama exhaustion and pain, some of us watched two of the movies Haley received as gifts while others played Pokemon Monopoly.

The past two days have been days of rest and recuperation for me. My pain levels are through the roof. Sleep comes in fits and spurts. I force myself to move, but tire quickly. This is the price I pay, but it's totally worth it. Perhaps tomorrow I'll manage to venture from the house to go to the grocery store and take children shopping with their Christmas money. Maybe. 


If not, you'll find me snuggled in my bed, continuing to watch Christmas movies until the Christmas season ends!

Comments

Popular Posts