Not Sure What Happened



Six months ago, I was thinking about how calm this new year was going to be. My word for the year was GROW, and I was excited to do just that. Keeping life fairly low key, we'd do a few activities that we love and live our lives to the fullest. My health, although not wonderful, was on somewhat of an even keel.

Now, I can't figure out how six months have passed and how I ended up here. 

We've gotten through two semesters of homeschool co-op, Arts Reponse, Dinner Theater, Beautiful Things, a St. Paul Puppet Academy performance, and homeschool prom. I'm now somehow packing for our time at Camp Calumet, which is less than a week away, while thinking about the 2016-2017 year of Tuesday Night Sunday School, and what I need to work on for the New Start Ministry. 

New Start? I've somehow found myself the Team Leader in charge of Social Security and DSS for the refugee families that New Start will begin welcoming in a month or two.  It's going to be wonderful to be involved in something new and different! Growth requires change and new experiences, after all. 

I'm not sure what happened to the first half of the year!

I have no idea what the next few months are going to bring to me. My health has been unpredictable and is most likely in a downward spiral . The Summer full of hiking new and more challenging trails I had envisioned could easily transform to a Summer on crutches or in a wheelchair, reading lots of books and doing tamer things. But that's OK, too. I've prettied up my crutches in anticipation of being as active as I can be. 



I suppose I should stop procrastinating and get back to packing and planning and all that I need to do. I'm excited to find out what the next six months have in store. I'm sure, before I know it, it will be Christmas and I'll be wondering what happened to the past six months...again!

Comments

Popular Posts