Cock-a-doodle-do!


A Glimpse from my past: March, 2009 ... I'm giving up even trying to sleep. What's the point? Every time I try to sleep, someone needs something and wakes me up. Last night it was... 

- Mamamilk!!! (nurses one year old)
- I'm thirsty! (then get yourself a drink)
- I have to go to the bathroom and it's too cold in the bathroom. (gets up, turns on heat in bathroom)
- MEMEMEMEMEME (desparate for mamamilk)
- I have to go potty and it's too hot in the bathroom (gets up, turns down heat in bathroom)
- I need water! (then get some)
- Is it morning time yet (no, it's 3:30am)
- Mamamilk! (nurses one year old)
- I need my special mamamilk (nurses 3 year old)
- I had a bad dream. (are you ok? do you need to sleep with Daddy?) No. Do I need to go back to sleep or can I put a movie on (it's 4am - go back to sleep)
- I can't get back to sleep. (you just started trying 4 minutes ago - try again)
- Coren's keeping me awake.(tell him to try to sleep for 15 minutes)
- MEMEMEMEME! (tries to ignore one year old)
- Whazzat? Mama! Whazzat? (continues to ignore one year old, praying she'll go back to sleep)
- Somebody in the other room is breathing too loudly. (then go sleep with Daddy) But he's even worse! (put your pillow over your head)
- Is it morning time yet? (no, it's 4:18, go back to bed)
- Can I wake up the kids yet? (No it's 4:36, go back to bed)
- Is it Mystic Aquarium day yet? (Bed.)
- The sun's up! (No, that's our neighbor's outside light. BED!)
- Mama. MAma. MAMA!!!! *one year old climbs out of bed*

I give up. I get out of bed to see where the one year old is going. I hear at least 2 kids playing upstairs. It's 5AM. If they're not going to let me sleep, I may as well be awake. I get a drink of water. I get the one year old a drink of water. I go to the bathroom. I set up my laptop. The one year old then decides it's time to sleep. I nurse her for 3 minutes and she's out like a light. And I'm awake.

At 6:06AM, at the first hint of light on the horizon, a rooster crows. A 3.5 year old rooster who apparently has been sitting at the top of the stairs, looking out the window for first light. He won't stop. He'll wake the rest of them. I'm doomed. 

Comments

Popular Posts