What a Pain!
You know you live with chronic pain when …
- Your child asks you why your foot is bleeding and you discover you’ve stepped on a piece of glass – and you’d assumed it was just your PsA acting up.
- You view “tramadol” as both a swear word and a blessing.
- You get excited to test out your new wheels – which come in the form of a wheelchair.
- You find yourself lusting after items in the Fashionable Canes catalog.
- The doctor asks you how much pain you’re in and you reply, “relative to what?”
- You see shaving your legs as a major accomplishment.
- Your 92 year old grandmother moves faster than you – and uses one cane to your two.
- Getting out of bed counts as your exercise for the day.
- You have no idea how to answer when someone asks, "How are you?"
- You buy shoes based not only on comfort and support, but on the height of your wooden canes.
- You check the weather forecast to see how you might be feeling the next day.