[reason 127] holding hands

 

I have a child who is now and adult, who doesn't enjoy touching other people or being touched. I get my annual hug from him on my birthday and am occasionally gifted other hugs as well. He has had a friend for a decade or so who is his person - the friend with whom he converses freely and enthusiastically; the friend with whom he's maintained frequent contact throughout their friendship. 

Recently, I was invited by the two of them to a picnic lunch, at which time they requested my assistance in getting "the parents" together. A few weeks later, Jim and I and friend's mom met at the same picnic table at the same park and enjoyed another picnic lunch and wonderful conversation. Then, the announcement that I was expecting came - theses friends (finally) realized that they are more than friends. 

Now, the parents have suspected this for quite some time, but that moment finally happened for the two of them not too long ago. 

I do have to admit that seeing my child so happy, holding hands with or wrapping his arms around his girlfriend, makes my heart soar. 

No matter where this relationship goes, they know they'll remain friends ... which is good, because my friendship with her mom isn't going anywhere. 

Comments

Popular Posts