[Seek] Advent

I've attempted to write for months, but the words won't. They just won't. 

I feel like I've been living in a chronic illness fog all year. To be honest to you and to myself, my pain levels and exhaustion are at levels that are difficult to survive without losing my mind. Once I get done with all the things I need to do in a day, there isn't enough of me left for doing things I enjoy. Instead, I melt into my bed to seek whatever refuge from the pain I can muster and lose myself in mindless videos for a while. Most of the time I fall into a fitful sleep, my body doing its best to escape from the pain. It doesn't work, as pain haunts my dreams as well. 

Chronic illness and pain greatly affect my ability to concentrate, to form coherent sentences, to think. I could wait for my brain to start functioning again. Or I could just give up. However, Advent is coming, and during Advent I write ... so I'm writing anyway. Whether or not my posts will be coherent is still to be determined. Whether or not I'll be able to write and post every day is up in the air. But I'll try. 

This Advent I'm going to concentrate on Advocacy, Appreciation, and Adventure. For some reason, those three words have popped up in various places over the past week and I feel the need to write about those things. I'm not sure where I'm going with any of those, but I suppose that's part of the ADVENTure!


Comments

Popular Posts