[Seek] A Fresh View



We've been cooped up within these walls for over two months now.

Something snapped about a week ago. Things had to change. I couldn't take it anymore. 


Then I lost my mind. 

I asked the 19 year old what color the bathroom should be and she replied, "the 18th purple." So I went online to look at paint colors and found the 18th purple listed for the brand of paint I prefer. And we went with it. Away with mac n' cheese yellow, in with blackberry jam purple!


I sent my husband on a mission: paint, painting supplies, stat! I hopped online and placed an order or three. I kept thinking of more things that were needed. If we were going to do this, we were going to do this right!

One thing led to another, and another, and, well, things happened.


The entire time we've lived in this house, I've wanted to do two things: paint our bathroom ceiling and get rid of the ugly (and strangely positioned, glued to the wall) mirrors. Both things needed to be done. Badly. Haley and Zephyr took turns smashing the mirror, which could not be pried from the surface of the wall. I began the process of painting the ceiling, only to get incredibly dizzy due to cervical instability. I handed off the roller to teenagers, who finished the job.  Then they moved on to the walls, then the cabinets and the trim. A small storage cabinet was spray painted ... along with the fan blades for the ceiling fan in the kitchen...and a random basket ... and a thing for the tv to sit on.


I acquired a new mirror, toothbrush holders, shelf brackets, and a shower curtain. And a new piece of furniture for the living room to house the TV (and books, and other stuff). And then my husband had a lead on a used treadmill, so we rearranged the kitchen/dining room (twice) in order to make room. We found ourselves working on every room in the main part of our house all at once, and while the children were supposed to be working on cleaning and reorganizing their bedrooms. Did I mention that, since we have left over ceiling paint, that we're painting the ceiling in the upstairs hallway as well? And then doing an art project on the walls up there? Plans are also in the works to paint the downstairs hallway, lest it feel left out. Then we'll move onto the floors.


By the time this quarantine is over, our surroundings inside our house will look a lot different. The change thus far is refreshing. The process of making the changes has been a lot of work, but a lot of fun as well. It feels good to accomplish something during this time of fewer things (outside our home) to do.

Comments

Popular Posts