[Nevertheless] We Transform


We took our sixteenth hike a mere five days after the hike that left me feeling mostly dead. It probably wasn't a good idea either. It was a hike we've done many times before and was more difficult for me than I anticipated, but also not nearly as difficult as it was for me just months ago. 

This Winter, we hiked the same trail a couple times through snow and ice. 


We saw its Winter beauty and now get to witness it's Spring transformation.


The going was more difficult then not only due to the slippery conditions, but because I hadn't hiked much in the past few years due to many factors, both physical and mental. 

I think it was easier this time because I not only have built up some physical stamina, but also mental stamina to help me navigate monitoring how my illnesses are affecting my body without panic or worry, as well as confidence in my body and my abilities to make it through things I'd never even imagined I could.

This is true as I work on my relationship with my husband as well. I hadn't worked on our relationship as much as I should have in the past few years due to many factors, both physical and mental. 

It's gotten easier to let go of doubt and pain as I consider both the mountains we've summited and the abysses we've climbed our way out of during our twenty-five years together. We've made it through things I never dreamt we'd have to and accomplished things I'd never dreamt possible.

We've both veered off the path at times, gotten lost along the way, nevertheless we transform our bleaker times into new growth, always finding our way back to each other and emerging stronger. 


Comments

Popular Posts