Eleven


I say it every time. 

Even after preparing myself for months ahead of time to lessen the shock. 

Somehow there is nothing that prepares me for any of my children turning yet another year older. 

Coren turns eleven today. I'm not quite sure how it happened. I don't know where the time went. I can barely wrap my mind around that number associated with the Moondragon himself. Six, maybe, but eleven???

That said, he is most definitely eleven.



Do you know how I can tell? Some of the adorableness is being replaced by maturity and handsomeness. Coren has grown up a lot in the past year, presenting himself in a more tween than childlike manner. I have to admit it freaks me out a bit. He still loves to cuddle, though, so I'll take what I can get! 

Coren made great strides this year. Perhaps the biggest is surviving a week at Camp Calumet Resident Camp this past Summer. He made it through without showering ... well, except for the infamous Camp Calumet "Car-wash" which involved shampoo and a hose or two. He sent the most wonderful notes, keeping us updated on the ups and downs of camp life. And he decided he wants to do it all again next year. 

To my still adorable, but not quite as much Moondragon on your birthday...

Camp is great so far. I may have gotten hit in the face a few times, but I'm ok. I may also have been joking about the getting hit in the face thing, but thought I'd include it since that was in your first note to me and Daddy this Summer! Everything has been fun so far. The food is awesome as always (but I'm not here for grilled cheese Monday!). I hope you have a very happy birthday and don't stay up too late partying! I love you!

Mama

Comments

Popular Posts