Dearest God

Dearest God,
I need a vacation. Not just any vacation, mind you - a vacation from things falling apart, breaking, or not functioning properly; a vacation from accidents and incidents; a vacation from emotional rollercoasters and ever-increasing physical pain; a vacation from financial stresses and to-do lists - a vacation of epic proportions. Now, I'm not asking for an all-expenses paid trip to a tropical island, although that would be nice. I'm asking for a simple, paid-for-by-us week at Camp Calumet during which I can enjoy time alone with my husband kayaking and hiking and relaxing and having fun; quality time with my two youngest, during which we can focus on them without older siblings vying for attention; and blessed time with You, so that I may center myself  and my life in You and regain some of the balance that I am currently finding it difficult to find, nevermind maintain. If you could work on making that happen, I'd be incredibly thankful. My family would, too, as they need a Mama who is not so far off the deep end there's no swimming back. Until then, I'll just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

Faithfully Yours,
Me

Comments

Popular Posts