[50] THREE: Adopt Zayla

 

Today I became a mom to a sixth "child" (legally, that is) through adoption. 

234 days ago I met Zayla at a Pride event. Somehow I knew she would be a significant part of my life from my first interaction with her.  There was a connection. 

And then she joined us for Austen's 21st birthday at the Renaissance Faire.  And then she moved in. And long story short, she's a significant part of our lives, so much so that we asked her to be a permanent part of our family on Thanksgiving Day 2023.

So here we are...Adoption Day began with getting ready...then cinnamon rolls... then a card, and a letter...



and a gift...

and then it was off to the courthouse to make it official. The judge was grateful to have such a happy occasion to preside over. Not knowing what to expect,  I was glad that it was such a smooth process. Before we knew it, we were stnding outside the court building taking photos with our daughter. 
Even Kermit stopped by the courthouse to offer congratulations!

Shortly after we arrived home, the sushi arrived and we ate too. much. sushi. Sushi comas followed for the majority. 




Zayla, I am incredibly blessed to be your mom and to get to support, comfort, listen to, laugh with, and love you for the beautiful,  intelligent, loving,  kind, compassionate person you are. I hope that from now on, the joy in your life outweighs the sadness...and that you know that I will be here to love you through everything.  

We can rewrite the stars...





Comments

Popular Posts