Word


I've had some brilliant ideas of what word to use as my word for the new year. And then I've forgotten them due to my short term memory issues. I do remember they were fabulous ideas at the time. Creative. Inspiring. Amazing.

So then I started to think about what I want to let go of in the new year...

worry
stress
expectations of myself
expectations of others
stuff
mental and emotional clutter
medical stresses

and things I want to invite more of into my life in the new year...

boundaries
calm
adventure
movement
health
spiritual growth
prayer
organization
connection

Intention. 

I want to live my life with intention. Not just muddle through it. Not just go through the act of living, but live in the moment, starting each day with purpose.

Starting each day stating "today, I intend to..." will hopefully ground me in the moment, center me in calmness and peace, and urge me forward knowing what I would like to make of the day - without the stress. Intentions are a good start, a good expectation to set, with knowledge that things don't always go as intended. Should things not go as I intend, I tend not to get as stressed as if things don't go as I plannedIntentions go hand in hand with grace. 

It is now January 1, 2018.

Today, I intend to have patience and grace with overtired children and my overtired self; to say yes more than I say no; to listen more than I speak; to instill joy into menial tasks; and to connect with friends and family with minimal distraction. 









Comments

Popular Posts