He Does This To Me Every Year


He does this to me every year.

Every. single. year.

He refuses when I tell him we can just skip it this year and doesn't like my suggestion that since he insists on it every year, I should get at least one year when I get my way. But alas, he says it's not a choice whether or not he has a birthday, it just happens.


The problem is, Coren is not turning 8 or 9 or even 10. He's going to be twelve, which is almost thirteen, which is giving me a bit of a panic attack. How did this adorable round toddler turn into such a thoughtful, cuddly, kind, intelligent almost-teenager?


My little Moondragon isn't so little anymore. That he is old enough to be starting Confirmation class soon amazes me. He is delving deeper into the theater world, writing his part and acting in a one-act play at Epoch Arts this Autumn and is expanding his computer knowledge through Video Editing class at homeschool co-op. The latter class choice is most likely inspired by the creation of the video he helped put together of the Fox at Calumet's further adventures:


Coren had matured immensely this year. He has been working hard to overcome some of his anxieties, has become more responsible, and surprises me every day with the thoughtful and unique answers he has for his homeschool writing assignments. 

Happy 12th Birthday, my Moondragon! I can barely wait to see where this year takes you!


Comments

Popular Posts