Digging Out

I feel like I'm digging myself out from under life. My brain, time, money, and energy have been consumed brown-papering floors in our living room, dining room, and kitchen. And taking children and myself to eye doctor, dentist, camp physical, nutritionist, rheumatologist, endocrinologist, etc. etc. etc. appointments. And organizing two birthday parties, going to fun events like the Robin Hood Festival school day and Lake Compounce Homeschool Day. And getting tattoos. And going to the ER. And. And. And.

I've also been doing battle with my meds, my weight, my body, depression, and anxiety. Thank God that I have friends and family who are there for me whenever I should need them. It would probably be to my benefit if I were more able to call on them when I need them.

One thing I've missed over the past month - or however long it's been - is writing. I have little bits written or typed here and there. Over the next couple weeks, I'm hoping to pull out some of them and flesh them out and share some of the amazing things, as well as the insanity, that has been my life lately.

Until then, I leave you with this...

What do you do when your seven year old is up at 9:30PM and asks to shave your head? 

This:


Yes. That's my seven year old shaving my head at 9:30PM on a school night. School nights don't mean much to our unschooling family, so that she's up at 9:30 is fairly normal. I did need my head shaved, as my falling-out hair due to a medication side effect was driving me crazy. So why not? She had so much fun!!!

Comments

Popular Posts