a School Pick-up [moment]

[Moment 6]

It's something I haven't done often, and never for my children - the school pick-up. 

My children are all homeschooled, so school pick-up has only happened occasionally with my sister's children and with friends' children. Nevertheless, I found myself sitting in my van at a school waiting for students to be released, the child's mom in the seat next to me. 

It was her first opportunity to pick up her child from school. He'd recently started school after their journey from Afghanistan to an American military base and then to their new home in Connecticut. He'd been taking the bus to and from school, but this day in particular needed to be picked up from school. 

Joy lit up his face as he came racing toward the van, his mom in tow. He was clearly excited his mom had been the one to pick him up.

That moment, that radiant delight, really brought light to an otherwise difficult day for me. Sometimes it's those little moments of someone else's happiness that can make all the difference in your own day. 

Comments

Popular Posts