[a moment] of mama guilt

[moment 30]

One of my children was at her fiance's family's house when she got covid. Enter Mama guilt, as I wasn't able to be there to take care of her or do anything to help her through. 

She needed me to drop off a few things, so I did put together a bag of comfort items, including a new super soft fuzzy blanket, which she greatly appreciated. 

Weeks before, I'd reserved a private theater so we could go see the new Spiderman movie and another moment of mama guilt crept in - Mal and Fynn couldn't go because covid. I felt badly that we were going to see it without them, but kept our plans because family and friends were joining us as well. 

Then, thanks to a chance perusal of the theater's website for info on a different movie, I found out that they had added some earlier in the day and less expensive private theater rentals. I jumped at the chance to assuage my mama guilt and rented a theater thanks to the help of cash back earned from previous rentals and a gift card from a friend. 

After months of not seeing these precious human beings, I finally got to pick them up and take them to the movies. We had some wonderful conversations in the car ride to the movie theater, including discussing such fascinating topics as tonsils and what shows they had and had not seen yet that my other children thought they should have seen by now. We had a great time at the movies and sat around for a while in the evening chatting about various things. It was wonderful.

I'm not sure how long they're staying, but I'll enjoy any time we can spend together. Now that they're clear of covid, we need to make plans - for tattoos, piercings, thrift shopping, and Dungeons and Dragons ... even if I have to adult-nap them for a day or two here and there to make things happen. 


Comments

Popular Posts