[a moment] that turns into more

[moment 28]

I have a friend who always asks if it's a good time to talk and if I have time to talk whenever she calls. I really appreciate that - and that if it's not a good time she understands. As a person living with chronic pain and so many children, sometimes I'm not up for a chat or am on my way somewhere or another. Being asked if it's a good time or if I have a moment is music to my ears. 

With my bestie, I'm more than happy to make time if I can, and besides, it's always a "quick call." 

Except it's never a quick call. And I don't mind at all. The latest call I happily had plenty of time to chat. She had things to do, so just wanted to take a moment update me on a few things and ask me something. We happily chatted away. We talked about her work, about relationships, about car situations, about lots of things. A bunch of moments of connection that added up to over an hour and a half somehow. 

In a world where the two of us don't get to spend a lot of time together due to her work and my illness and all of the things, it's great that we have these moments to talk about the things of life...the light and the heavy; the concerns and the joys. 

I'm ever-thankful for those moments that turn into more.

Comments

Popular Posts