[a moment] of disbelief

[moment 11]

Exhausted from planning two Christmas long weekends with a birthday in between and a New Year's long weekend, including two birthdays, planning anything for our twenty-sixth anniversary had gone by the wayside. Well, anything apart from a private movie theater rental the night after our anniversary so our family could have a cinematic Spiderman experience. 

When I came home from dropping Sophia off at her home, I wasn't expecting my husband in invite me to Smokin' Bowls for lunch on Saturday. Especially since Smokin' Bowls is in Vermont and Jake, who introduced us to Smokin' Bowls' excellent food and lives minutes away, is usually working on Saturdays. It took a moment for my brain to catch up. 

So on Saturday, we'll be driving two hours to Bellows Falls, VT to have lunch with an amazing young man and his daughter, and get some more work done on my tattoo. I'm not sure I fully believe this is actually going to happen, but I'm exited for the road trip, spending time with Jake, and finally finishing (maybe?) the tattoo we've been working on during covid. 

Comments

Popular Posts