[a moment] of inspiration

 

[moment 18]

Usually we celebrate Christmas with my in-laws, who live in Pennsylvania, when we're there for Thanksgiving. However, due to covid-19, we haven't been there for Thanksgiving in the past two years. They sent us a card and a check this year, and we decided to use the money to invest in a 3D printer and associated supplies as the family Christmas gift. 

Several days ago, I was doing other things and had the thought that I'd like to print something. I'd had that thought so many times since we set up the printer, but always chose to do other "more important" things. This time, I hopped on my computer, downloaded a few files, and figured out how the 3d printer worked. Over the next few days, I printed one of my Dungeons & Dragons characters (I still need to file, sand, and paint it), a tiny corgi, an owl, and some mixer attachment "hooks". 

Now my children are making requests, so I have a list of things to print. 

I live with an anxiety disorder that, as ridiculous as it sounds, makes me anxious about doing things I know I'm going to enjoy, so when that moment of inspiration strikes, I need to grab onto it and just do the thing. Once I do, the anxiety goes away. 

I have a feeling we'll have a lot of fun moments with this 3d printer this year and it will be a nice diversion amidst the ever-increasing covid-19 numbers. 

Comments

Popular Posts