[Seek]ing My Mind Which I Have Lost

I've lost my mind. I regret my exhaustion-induced inspiration. It was all a mistake, I tell you! 

Anxiety is doing battle with my otherwise well intentioned plans and hopes and dreams. Do I know if I can do it? No. Could this totally fail? Absolutely. Will my family help me accomplish this, whatever it may look like? Definitely! Could I die? Yes! 

OK, so the odds of my actual death are low, but Anxiety thinks I've completely lost the plot. My health is not great. So many things could go wrong. 

Three miles in a wheelchair is not nothing.  But we shall see. I have a few weeks to work up to it. I have a young woman, who also happens to be my daughter, who has committed to being all in this thing with me, pushing me to do my best and not give up ... and literally pushing me in my chair if my body ceases to cooperate. 

Zephyr and I are doing a three mile "run" in Camp Calumet's Reach the Beach 2.0 - me rolling while she runs/jogs/pushes/keeps me from ending up in a ditch. We are training on relatively flat Rails to Trails trails several times a week, at the moment in my ancient, second-hand, randomly zigs to the right, rusty, and semi-broken wheelchair. 

I refuse to let Anxiety come along for the ride. I know it will be work to banish Anxiety completely, but my hope is that as my strength increases, my confidence in my physical abilities increases. My goal is to have more mobility in my life, whether it be walking, crutching, or using my wheelchair.

My blistered thumbs from my first attempts in my brokedown wheelchair are healing. Wheelchair gloves have been ordered, and my new wheels arrive on Friday. One way or another, we will do this, no matter what Anxiety has to say.

That said, anyone want to sponsor two non-runners who have completely lost their minds and are running/rolling in Camp Calumet's Reach the Beach 2.0 Run?
(Seriously. Venmo @rannygahoots or email amanda@rannygahoots.org for more info if you're interested. We need at least 10 sponsors at $5 or more each. 100% goes to Camp Calumet.)


Comments

Popular Posts