Muchness


My life has been filled with Muchness lately.

Much pain.
Much stress. 
Much joy.
Much celebration.

Communication issues with my rheumatology office led to a week and a half delay for an injection of one of the two medications I need to manage my psoriatic arthritis. This caused a decrease in energy and increase in pain and inflammation...just when I needed energy and (relatively) easy use of my body for theater rehearsals, Spring Cleaning Weekend at Camp Calumet, and getting my house in order in preparation for the arrival of house guests.

Issues with my van leading to necessary repairs of nearly a thousand dollars combined with several other unexpected expenses have us in a financial bind, eased greatly by generous family members. Even so, we have gone from saving up money for a nice two weeks at Camp Calumet this Summer to wondering if we'll have the gas money to get there.

The muchness of pain and stress is balanced by muchness in our joy and celebration. 

Exciting things are happening in our lives. The original mainstage production of Unfinished People in which two of my teens and I are involved is going amazingly well. It is incredibly inspirational working with this group of twenty teens, along with the Epoch Arts staff and volunteers on this production. The Dinner Show they put on exceeded expectations in both talent and hilarity.  And we got to spend time at Camp Calumet along with over one hundred other volunteers to help clean up Camp and get it ready for Summer Camp. A family visit for Mother's Day weekend provided much needed rest, fun, and connection with two amazing mothers who we get to call Gram and Grammy. 



And I get to go back to Calumet this weekend for a School of Lay Ministry retreat. And we got to see our friend Bailey perform magnificently in a production of Bye Bye Birdie.  And we're planning for 16 full days at Camp Calumet this Summer, which will be absolutely wonderful even if we don't have the money for daily breakfast in the Conference Center or a few day trips as we had planned...simply because you can't have a bad time at Calumet! 

There is so much to celebrate in our lives and the lives of loved ones as well. Khalid and Reem, the Muslim refugee family we work with through New Start Ministry, got married in a civil ceremony performed by a Christian pastor in a synagogue. How glorious is that? And my sister's younger child got their name officially changed. And we will be celebrating the homeschool graduation of our oldest child next month.


In thinking about all the struggles I have in my life due to my illnesses and limitations, I can't help to concentrate not on the pain and stress, but on the abundant blessings God provides in our lives. The muchness of joy in our lives far surpasses the muchness of pain. 

Comments

Popular Posts