Raw Beans


We had twenty-four hours to fit in as much us time as possible. 


After dropping off our five children at their very generous and kind grandparents' house for a sleepover, we headed for a quick dinner of sopa azteca and tableside guacamole...and an incredibly good margarita. We then made our way to the Bushnell Theater in Hartford to view Monty Python and the Holy Grail -one of the first movies we watched together - and for a storytelling and question answering evening with John Cleese. It was incredibly fun and funny - raw beans!

Getting up fairly early the next morning, we made a visit to Jacob Myjak for twenty-first anniversary tattoos. My OCD loved the fact that I got my twenty-first tattoo on my twenty-first anniversary. Jacob is twenty-one years old, so there's that as well. I got a willow tree above my first tattoo, which I got on my honeymoon when I was twenty-one years old. My husband got a mandala tattoo that I drew for him as an anniversary gift. It was not only wonderful to get tattoos, but to catch up with Jake and to hang out with Amber and their friends while waiting for the other to get tattooed. There's nothing quite like the sound of the tattoo machine mingled with Amber's beautiful voice as she rehearsed for an upcoming show...so relaxing and beautiful!


Ravenously hungry after getting tattoos, we lunched at Five Guys and then did a little thrift shopping. After picking up our children, we went home for dinner and A Series of Unfortunate Events. 

Having spent longer getting tattooed than we'd estimated, we extended our anniversary celebration to Sunday afternoon, when we relaxed in comfy recliners at the theater watching Hidden Figures before coming home to a dinner of loaded fries and more Unfortunate Events. 

It is my opinion that we should continue this celebration all year. I can barely wait to see what the next twenty-one years holds! 

Comments

Popular Posts