Conversations


Conversations I have with people are....interesting.

For example: 


Me: Ugh. Can't keep anything straight. Need pain meds. Though I'm not sure if the pain meds will make it better or worse! LOL And I still need to get to Target. Hrmph. Sometimes I don't feel like adulting.

Renee: 


My cousin posted this the other day. I can so relate, though I know you meant it on a pain level instead of maturity, which I can relate to even more!

Me: Pain level, maturity - both!!! I so just want to throw a fit and stomp my feet and throw myself dramatically onto my bed. But it would hurt too much! 

And then there are the conversations I have with my children. 

Children: Minecraft mumbojumbo blah blah blah Magic the Gathering gobbeldygook.

Me: What is this language which you are speaking? Nothing you say makes any sense to me. It's like I've been transported to another planet or something. 

or

Child: Can I do math? 

Me: No, you may not do math. We need to do other things. Like watch a movie or something. It's too late for math.

or 

Child: When are we going to sleep?

Daddy: Next Thursday.

Mama: After you see the lunar eclipse.

Child: I pick next Thursday.


And the conversations with my husband:Me: "My back hurts."

Husband: "Is there anything I can do to help?"
Me: "Make it go away."
Husband: "I can't. Then you'd only have a front and that would be weird." 

Then there are random things I hear throughout the day...


"I only died once while carving my jack o' lantern."


"My high today was exploding pigs."


"Alia, it's my turn to play on the computer! Stop giving people cake!"


Conversations with friends and family definitely aren't normal, but I wouldn't want it any other way.







Comments

Popular Posts