it's a wonderful [moment]

 

[moment 337]

Once upon a time I got a text reminding me of a free event I'd signed up to attend and then completely forgot about, as somehow I forgot to put it on my calendar. I then reminded one of the people who was supposed to accompany me that the even was that evening. The other person who was signed up to go was elsewhere, as we all had been really good at forgetting about the event. So we asked siblings and they didn't want to go. And I was exhausted and didn't think I could safely drive to and from this event. So we asked Jim if he would drive and he said yes and soon after he got home from work, we were off to Hartford Stage for performance of It's A Wonderful Life; A Live Radio Play. 

Upon arrival, we were told that group leaders could enter and claim the tickets for the group and pass them out to those who were attending. I texted the person who'd arranged our tickets and we went back and forth trying to figure out what to do, as the organization she was with was not sending anyone to be a group leader. I said I could do it, and in we went. I retrieved the tickets and stood by the Christmas tree with Onyx and my husband to see if anyone else from the organization was going to show up. No one did, but that's ok. 

The play about to start, we got to our seats - in the front row! On the floor. Eight feet away from one of the microphones used by the actors in the performance. 

The performance was wonderful and funny and emotional. We had a wonderful time. And it was a great reminder of how precious life is and how much we can impact others' lives without realizing. 

Comments

  1. We occasionally get a Canadian radio show that does their program in the Indianapolis area. It is so much fun. I bet this one was fun as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts