[a moment] for a birthday reflection

[moment 364]

If I'm completely honest, it's been a difficult, excruciating year. There are so many plans I had that didn't come to fruition. There are so many things I wanted to accomplish that just haven't been possible. There are so many health issues, physical and mental, that myself and my family members are dealing with. It's been tough. 

And if I'm completely honest, it's been a great year. We've done some fantastic things, worked on relationships, let go of things and places and relationships that weren't serving us well, and experienced so many amazing moments. It's been good.

Some days I have no problem seeing past the difficulties to the good. Other days, I find it nearly impossible. Many days are a rollercoaster between the two. 

I have hope for my forty-ninth year of life. I hope my children get the healthcare they need to improve their lives. I hope to improve relationships with people I care about and who care about me. I hope to find community once again, and stop feeling so isolated. I hope to get the pain relief I need, to lose weight, to get healthier. I hope to get the dental care I need, to make necessary home improvements, and to get a better handle on our finances. I hope to become closer as a family. Most of all I hope to have the energy and level of wellness to accomplish these things.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts