a (slightly) healthier holiday [moment]

 

[moment 363]

I'm trying to be healthier and to provide healthier things to my family, especially around the holidays. I made brunch two days in a row - mostly the same things for each, except we made chili for one and different dips for the other.

There were pancakes and muffins, but to my surprise, there were many left at the end of both days.
The vegetables and fruits seemed to be the most popular offerings, with cheeses and warm dishes (chili for one day; spinach artichoke dip and buffalo chicken dip for the next) coming in second, along with the cheeses. 


It was all balanced out, of course, by the selection of cookies. 


For Christmas Day, we made ham, parsley potatoes, and sautéed green beans - a simple meal, but oh, so good. And cheesecake, which got consumed before a photo could be taken. 

It was finally a holiday where I felt good about my food choices, and didn't feel like I completely gorged myself on holiday yumminess.

Comments

  1. For the most prosperous New Year you must have cabbage on New Years Day. It has worked for me for 64 1/2 years.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts