a timeless tinsel [moment]

 

[moment 359]

This photo of my sister was taken on or around Christmas 1974 ... days before I was born. My parents used it the next Christmas on the cover of their Christmas cards. And they also had it blown up and framed, and it hung in our dining room for years.

I love this photo. It feels like Christmas. 

I also love tinsel. My mother does not love tinsel. So every year I put a piece of tinsel on her tree. I'm not sure she notices. 

I'm not sure when the tinsel was phased out completely, but it was replaced by tinsel garland for my first Christmas. 

1975

1976

1977

1978

1979


I have a feeling that my love of tinsel came from that photo, which also greatly impacted my love of Christmas. Seeing what for me was that iconic image of Christmas all year round was a constant reminder of this wonderful time of year. 




Comments

  1. It is a great picture of your sister. I suspect it could or should have won an award.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts