[a moment] to rest

[moment 360]

The week leading up to Christmas was stressful, to say the least. And it had nothing to do with Christmas preparations.

On Monday, medical providers for one of my children royally screwed up, reporting to me another patient's issues. The entire situation could and should have been avoided, but instead involved a great deal of anxiety and a bit of panic for my child and myself. I had to call and rectify the situation, and then proceed to question the providers about care my child is receiving. Needless to say, my child is leaving that practice and moving to a more suitable one. 

On Tuesday my pain levels were through the roof, yet I had errands to run. Walking was excruciating, but I didn't have the ability to get my wheelchair out of (and back into!) my van on my own. 

On Wednesday, I was doing some last minute grocery shopping when I received a message from the fraud department of my bank, which led to twenty five minutes on the phone in the grocery store going through charges and dealing with the situation. I should receive my new card in the mail in a week or two. I then had to figure out what groceries I could afford with the funds on hand. And I had to switch vehicles at my husband's work because mine was low on gas and I had to drive forty-five minutes away to pick up two of my kids.

Then I had to borrow money from Christmas gifts to run a couple more errands.

And a gift that was supposed to arrive on Friday will be late because I used my now defunct bank card to order it and I hadn't changed the payment information on my account to my husband's card. 

And the cookies I attempted to bake didn't turn out well.                   

And the list goes on.

One thing after another after another, all I could think was that I just wanted a moment to rest. Just a moment to fully rest my body and my mind. 

Perhaps now that the hectic part of the Christmas season is over, there will be a moment or two for rest. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts