[reason 8] caring strangers


In 2020, amidst a pandemic, I decided to participate in a holiday swap wherein I sent a gift to a stranger and a different stranger sent a gift to me. We were given a bit of information about the person to whom we were sending and put together a little care package for that person.

I had so much fun putting together my gift and sending it off.

When I received my gift, I could tell a lot of thought and care went into it. The note that came with it was heartwarming. But one item in particular really touched my heart - this tumbler. 
 
It's purple and night and woods and even has a person (and a triumphant person at that) in a wheelchair. I absolutely love it, and each time I use it, I'm reminded of the kind, thoughtful person who I've never met and who only received a short description of me ... and had this custom made for me. 

And this is just one of the many caring strangers I've encountered in my lifetime whose kindness and care lifted my mood or got me through a difficult time with a simple chance interaction. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts