[reason 12] sticks and stabs

Is that two reasons or one? I guess it doesn't really matter. 

A couple days ago was "sticks and stabs day." Three of my children and I went on a long-awaited outing for sushi (chopsticks ... the "sticks" part of the day) and then to the mall (not in the sticks or stabs part of the day, just a side quest of sorts) and then to "get stabbed," as they so poetically put it at Danbury Tattoo and Piercing. 

We had a wonderful time. I got to spend time with my kids, we all ate good food, and they got piercings. And I choose to hear the complaining and conversations about pain and swelling in the following days as a reminder of a good day. And maybe chuckle a little because it was their choice and they need to deal with the consequences. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts