[reason 18] walking through fear

I don't trust my body. I don't trust my legs to hold me up, my energy levels not to suddenly plummet, and my adrenal system to be able to withstand any type of exercise. I fear that my body will give out in one way or the other mid-errand or mid-walk / hike / whatever it is that I want to do. 

Nevertheless, I'm working through the fear. I'm walking through the fear. Each weekend, my husband and I plan to walk (or roll, in my case, if necessary). We'll go short, safe (vehicle accessible) walks to begin with and work our way up to longer excursions. Hopefully. The fear is still there. The pain is still there. My health still sucks. But the time spent together and the beauty of the natural world around us is totally worth it. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts