[reason 3] movie theater popcorn

I love going to the movies. As in, the experience of going to the movies. I don't care so much about the actual movie most of the time - I would be just as happy taking in the contents of the film at home. It is the movie theater going experience that I love. 

Because I'm on medications that suppress my immune system, every once in a while we treat ourselves to a private movie theater rental at our local movie theater, which just so happens to have recliners. We pick a movie that all (or most) of us want to see, invite my parents, and usually some friends, and have the theater to ourselves. Spreading out so we can put coats and bags on the seats next to us, we take over the theater. 

Everyone settled and trailers playing, I adjust my recliner to the comfiest angle and the moment I've been waiting for for months arrives. 

It is not the beginning of the movie that I've been awaiting as one might think, but the movie theater popcorn. I love the popcorn. SO much. With lots of "butter." And salt. It's so good. So. good. I know it's bad for me. I don't care. It's once every few months. It's lunch. And it's delicious.

Come to think of it, if I was deeply depressed, I'm fairly sure that movie theater popcorn would help me feel better. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts